“The importance of Primer”
The most important step in painting new surfaces or repainting over dark surfaces is priming the area first. Primer performs 3 critical functions in ending up with a uniform and professional paint job.
- It blocks stains from bleeding through
- It allows just one coat of paint to be sufficient
- It improves paint adhesion which reduces peeling/cracking of paint
Painting Exterior Wall
Now that we know the fastest way to increasing the curb appeal of our business or home is to apply a fresh coat of paint to its exterior walls, there are a few things we should keep in mind.
1. Remove any debris (i.e. dust, dirt, cobwebs etc) from the surfaces to be painted.
2. Repair any damages to the surfaces before applying the paint. If there are no damages to be repaired, simply use a scraper to scrape off any old paint. This will provide us with a smooth, flat surface to paint.
3. Now that we have a clean canvas to work with, apply 3 coats of exterior grade paint to lengthen its lifespan.
Reclaiming your Weedy Yard
Maintain the overall health of your lawn by following these simple steps -:
1. Let Air In – Aerate your soil to help water seep further down into the soil which will encourage growth.
2. Sow Your Seeds Correctly – It is important to distribute your seeds evenly. Having too many seeds in one place can not only stunt growth but create uneven patches in your lawn.
3. Top Dress with either Compost or Fertilizer – The nutrients from the compost and the fertilizer will feed your lawn and will ensure that it is lush, green and healthy.
4. Water It – The best time to water your lawn is either in the early hours of the morning or at night. Watering your lawn once or twice a day will keep the seeds and the grass itself moist.read more